The Truth Shall Set You Free

Sunday, April 16, 2006

Badds Too Good at Verizon Heritage




Excerpts from the Associated Press - April 16, 2006

HILTON HEAD ISLAND, S.C. -- Aaron Baddeley won the Verizon Heritage for his first PGA Tour title, rallying with two late birdies and finishing off Jim Furyk with a scrambling par on Harbour Town's lighthouse closing hole.

Baddeley was tied with Furyk entering the round, had a two-shot lead by the fifth hole, then was down by that many to Furyk after No. 11.

Aaron Baddeley became the second straight Aussie to win the Heritage (Peter Lonard).But the 25-year-old Australian proved unflappable, birdieing two of the hardest holes on the PGA Tour -- the 14th was statistically the hardest par 3 on tour last year and the 15th was the hardest par 5 -- to move in front for good.

Baddeley shot a 1-under 70 to finish at 15 under, a stroke ahead of Furyk (71) and two ahead of Vaughn Taylor (66) and Billy Mayfair (69).

Golf fans might best know Baddeley as the young hotshot in the golf commercial, driving a convertible with young female fans yelling his nickname, "Badds." It's an image the first-time winner says he's not fully comfortable with and one he expects will change over time.

He's a devout Christian who aspires to the ministry when he's through with golf. He celebrated his one-year anniversary this past Saturday. Hours before his final round tee-time, Baddeley spoke at Harbour Town's Easter Sunrise Service by the 18th green. Two days earlier, Baddeley closed his second round with an unlikely eagle at the famous lighthouse hole.
******************************************************

Congratulations Badds! Keep up the good fight and thank you for sharing your testimony of how Jesus Christ saved you.

In Him,

Eye

4 Comments:

  • I used to be a real fan of golf about 8-10 years ago, but haven't followed it much since then. I enjoy playing from time to time, but I'm a fair weather player. If it's too hot, I don't wanna play, and if it's too cold, I don't wanna play.

    Congrats to Badds. I do hope that he "insists" on changing his babe-magnet image, though.

    By Blogger Dawn, at April 16, 2006 10:11 PM  

  • Dawn,

    I love to watch and play golf -- I know the watch part is strange to a lot of people. I had an opportunity to go to the Masters last year on Thursday. It was beautiful thing...

    In Him,

    Eye

    By Blogger Eye, at April 17, 2006 12:41 PM  

  • I know what you mean about the watching part. I used to really enjoy watching myself. It can be really exciting. I think you know what I mean. LOL

    I'll bet the Masters you attended WAS a beautiful thing.

    By Blogger Dawn, at April 17, 2006 7:33 PM  

  • Very cool design! Useful information. Go on! refinancing rate

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at February 16, 2007 6:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home