The Truth Shall Set You Free

Sunday, September 03, 2006

Newsboys -- Adoration: The Worship Album

5. Adoration (5th song on the Album)

I’m here with the others
Who saw the heavens testify
Now I hang back in the shadows
I want to come close I want to know
She sees me shivering here
She smiles and with a nod
I walk through the mud and straw
To the newborn Son of God
Come, let us adore Him
He has come down to this barren land
Where we live
And all I have to give Him Is adoration
He raises a wrinkled hand
Through the dust and the flies
Wrapped in rags like we are
And with barely open eyes
He takes my finger
And He won’t let go
And He won’t let go
It’s nothing like I knew before
And it’s all I need to know
Come, let us adore Him
He has come down to the world we live in
And all I have to give Him Is adoration
God is with us here
Our Immanuel God is with us here
Our Immanuel O come let us adore Him
O come let us adore Him Jesus, our Immanuel
Is with us here and He won’t let go


If you haven't heard this song by the Newsboys, I highly recommend it!

This is a real Christmas song...


In Him,

Eye

11 Comments:

  • No, I have not heard it, but the words are nice and sad (guy with wrinkled hand, dust and flies) at the same time.

    By Blogger Dawn, at September 04, 2006 7:56 AM  

  • Dawn,

    The reference to the wrinkled hand is Baby Jesus's outstretched hand to the shepherd boy in the midst of the dust and flies in the barn...

    I like the part about Jesus taking the shepherds hand and then He won't let go!

    Hallelujah!

    In Him,

    Eye

    By Blogger Eye, at September 04, 2006 9:08 AM  

  • O! LOL, Okay, now I understand it better. I thought it was talking about three different people. Thanks for clarifying.

    Hey, this is off topic, but do you think we have to repent to obtain salvation?

    By Blogger Dawn, at September 04, 2006 10:27 AM  

  • Dawn,

    The first recorded words in Mark from Jesus when He began His public ministry are:

    Mar 1:15 And saying, The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand: repent ye, and believe the gospel.

    Jesus tied the two together -- I think it is only fitting we preach the same message.

    In Him,

    Eye

    By Blogger Eye, at September 04, 2006 11:20 AM  

  • Thanks Eye. I agree with you. I also think that the definition of faith and belief include repentance, but I could be wrong about that.

    By Blogger Dawn, at September 05, 2006 5:18 AM  

  • Hello Eye,

    I bought the song tonight on iTunes and agree that it is a very nice song. Thanks for the recommendation!

    Blessings,
    Leo

    By Blogger Leo, at September 26, 2006 8:30 PM  

  • Leo,

    I'm glad you liked the song -- it really ministers to me!

    In Him,

    Eye

    By Blogger Eye, at September 27, 2006 7:36 PM  

  • Hey Eye! Just wanted to touch base with you and say hello. I'm pretty busy at the moment so haven't had much time to blog or make comments.

    I hope to make a real blog entry once things slow down or I just need a break from the things I've got going on at the moment.

    We've started back up at Floyd's and he's been teaching on the rapture of the church. I get a little lost every once in awhile. It's like, I have no idea what you're talking about, but yeah. ;-)

    Seriously though, I'm enjoying the teaching even though some of it is over my head.

    By Blogger Dawn, at September 29, 2006 4:14 AM  

  • Dawn,

    Great to hear from you! I understand busy -- I think it is going around. My work has been unbelievable the past 6 weeks -- I hope that is light I see at the end of the tunnel...

    Tell Floyd and Shirley hello for me when you get a chance. I plan to post more on the rapture as well in the weeks to come.

    In Him,

    Eye

    By Blogger Eye, at September 29, 2006 9:54 PM  

  • Floyd asked if I'd spoken to you the other night. (I had already put a little note in his box a few weeks ago telling them that you'd said Hi.) I said that I had a few days ago. He said, "I love that guy!." Then he went on to say how intelligent you were. :-)

    By Blogger Dawn, at October 06, 2006 10:35 AM  

  • Dawn,

    Thanks for the good report! I wish I could be at the Bible study -- that would be a very refreshing time.

    I pray for brother Floyd and Shirley daily...

    In Him,

    Eye

    By Blogger Eye, at October 07, 2006 9:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home